Have Me Work with Your Organization or with You Individually
Whether working one-on-one or presenting to an audience, I love to instruct people in the arts of meditation, mindfulness, situational awareness, and stress reduction. The simple yet profound methods that I share are incredible in their ability to change how you work with your mind in your work-life and in everyday life.
We all want to be happy, but when obstacles occur, we can feel powerless to change what’s happening in our lives. In fact, sometimes…we’re even responsible for the obstacles!! And sometimes, when we can’t change what’s happening, if we change how we think about it, then the feeling of being powerless is gone!
What I love about presenting to audiences, is that there are always “aha moments” when people get how easy it is to make changes in their lives by changing how they work with their mind. And that “aha” is what I can offer you!
My 33 years of experience in healthcare, extensive training in meditation and situational awareness, and firm commitment to making your program successful insures that when you work with me, you’ll see measurable results based on your organization’s unique and specific needs. That’s because I won’t stop working with you and your employees until you’ve got results!
Presentations & Appearances:
- Guess What I Brought in My Lunchbox: Using Mindfulness and Meditative Awareness in School Nursing. November 9, 2014. Colorado Association of School Nurses. Loveland, CO.
- Stress Management for New Graduates. October 29, 2014. New Graduate Residency Program. Denver Health, Denver, CO.
- Minding the Bedside: Meditative Awareness and Compassion in Healthcare. Sept. 12 -13, 2014. University of Colorado, Denver, CO.
- Men In Nursing, Where We Are and Where We’ve Been. October 16, 2013. Denver School of Nursing, Denver, CO.
- Minding the Bedside. February 15, 2012. All-day class/presentation for members of the Winnipeg community and healthcare organizations. Winnipeg, Canada.
- Practicing from the Heart of the Awakened Mind. February 13, 2012. Grand Rounds, St. Boniface Hospital, Winnipeg, Canada
- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction in Clinical Care. April 19, 2006. Psychiatry Grand Rounds, Maine Medical Center, Portland, ME
- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction in the Workplace. September, 2005. Standard Insurance, Portland, ME.
- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction Program, June 28, 2005. Virginia Mason Medical Center, Seattle, WA.
- Practical Mindfulness Techniques for Dealing with Everyday Living, May 18, 2005. Dana Learning Center, Maine Medical Center, Portland, ME
- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction. May 10, 2005. Maine Medical Center’s – Integrative Care in Maine; Public Access TV, Portland, ME
- Teaching Compassionate Loving Intention to Couples Facing Cancer. January 12, 2005. Virginia Mason Medical Center, Prostate Cancer Support Group, Seattle, WA.
- Compassion in Action: Bringing the Heart into Diagnosis. January 12, 2005. Virginia Mason Medical Center, Tumor Board presentation. Seattle, WA.
- Deepening Relationships – Implementing Integrative Care. October 23, 2004 Teaching Healing to Partners. Cape Elisabeth, ME
- Compassionate Intention Training for Partners of Cancer Patients. July 20, 2004. Cancer Community Center, Portland, ME
- Prayer and Distant-Healing: What Research and Science Have to Say. Grand Rounds, June 22, 2004. Mercy Hospital, Portland, ME
- Prayer and Healing: What Research and Science Have to Say. June 14, 2004. WGAN radio, Portland, ME
- Effects of Compassionate, Loving Intention as Therapeutic Intervention by Partners of Cancer Patients. May 21, 2004. Compassionate Love Research Conference, Washington, DC.
- Integrative Medicine For Pain. May 13, 2004. Mercy Hospital, Portland, ME
- Strategies for Injection Anxiety in Multiple Sclerosis Patients. February 20, 2004. Biogen-Idec Meeting, Miami, FL.
- The Mythconception of Pain: Why We Need Mythic Images in Medicine. May, 2000. UCSF – Pain Interest Group, San Francisco, CA