Registered Nurse, Author, and Meditation Instructor
I’m a Registered Nurse with over thirty years experience in a variety of health-care settings, including pain management, hospice care, ICU, and research in complimentary and alternative medicine. I’m also a long-time practitioner of meditation, with an emphasis in the study and practice of Tibetan Buddhism and an interest in Christian and Kabbalistic contemplation.
In addition to my Nursing degree, I also hold degrees in Environmental Education and a dual-Masters Degree in Comparative Mythology and Depth Psychology. I live in Boulder, Colorado with my wife, Jill Siegel-Stone, and our son Noah. Besides my love for my family and for the practice of and instruction in meditation, I also love the outdoors, nature, cycling, reading, writing, good movies and music! I also love to meet new people so feel to drop me a note here.
To drop me a note or find out how I can work with you, contact me here
- Hospice and Palliative Nurse’s Association
- American Society of Pain Management Nurses
- American Holistic Nurses Association
- American Association of Critical Care Nurses
- International Association for the Study of Pain
- American Pain Society
- Transcultural Nursing Society
- Maine Hospice Council
Bay Area Chapter of Nurse Consultants/American Association of Legal Nurse Consultants
- Stone, J. Transforming the Patient Experience through Presenceand Intention. Beginnings Magazine. 2014 April; 12-13, 26-27.
- Stone, J. Minding the Bedside: Nursing from the Heart of the Awakened Mind. First ed. Langdon Street Press, 2011. Second ed. Bedside Publishing, 2014.
- Radin, D, Stone, J, Levine, E, Eskandarnejad, S Schlitz, M, Kozak, L, Mandel, D & Hayssen G. Compassionate intention as a therapeutic intervention by partners of cancer patients. Part II: Effects of distant intention on the patients’ autonomic nervous system. Explore Magazine, 2008 July-Aug; 4(4): 235 – 243.
- Astin JA, Stone J, Abrams DI, Moore DH, Couey P, Buscemi R, Targ E. The Efficacy of Distant Healing for Human Immunodeficiency Virus–results of a randomized trial.. Altern Ther Health Med. 2006 Nov-Dec;12(6):36-41.
- Cox, D, Stone, J. Managing self-injection difficulties in patients with relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis. J Neurosci Nurs. 2006 Jun;38(3):167-71
- Stuve O, Kita M, Pelletier D, Fox RJ, Stone J, Goodkin DE, Zamvil SS. Mitoxantrone as a potential therapy for primary progressive multiple sclerosis. Mult Scler. 2004 Jun;10 Suppl 1:S58-61.
- Fox, R.J., Bacchetti, P., Cohen, J.A., Goodkin, D.E., Kita, M., Pelletier, D., Stone, J. and Zamvil, S. “Measuring Disease Progression in Primary Progressive Multiple Sclerosis.” American Academy of Neurology, 2003, presentation.
- Kita, M., Pelletier, D. Stone, J. and Zamvil, S. “A Phase II Trial of Mitoxantrone in Primary Progressive MS Patients.” Neurology, 2001, 56 (8) A149 (suppl).
- Kita, M. , Goodkin, D. and Stone, J. “A Phase II Trial of Mitoxantrone in Primary Progressive MS Patients.” Neurology, 2000, 54 (7), A22, (suppl).