THE POWER OF THE THIRD MIND, OR MASTERMIND, IN NURSING
A few years ago I was injured on the job and, after two major shoulder surgeries and being laid-off by my hospital, I felt that it was time to put my bedside career to rest. Like letting go of a familiar friend, I had to let go of an identity and career that I’d been comfortable with for over three decades.
One of the things that I miss most about working in the hospital setting is working with nurses.
It’s not that I don’t miss providing compassionate and excellent care to others; I miss patient care and the satisfaction of knowing that I’ve really made a difference in someone’s life. I miss the tangible and concrete sense of pride that I’ve experienced while delivering excellent care to my patients. Patient care provided me with some of the most rewarding and spiritually uplifting experience that I’ve ever had in my life.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
And to support you in your career….
…meditation can make a huge difference in how you experience your work and, even your peers.
Here are a few items that can help you to meditate whether you’re a beginner or already have a practice. All of these resources are aimed at helping you in your meditation practice and to do so with less effort and more success. Please let me know what else you need, that’s what I’m here for.
- What is Meditation? Sometimes It’s About Failure
- How to Meditate: Distraction in Meditation Doesn’t Matter
- Meditation Tip of the Week: Stop Meditating
- Meditation Tip of the Week: Meditate…Even When it Doesn’t Work
- How to Meditate: The Most Important Practice…Plus One Great Tip
MEDITATION AUDIO DOWNLOADS:
- Riding the Breath With the Mind
- Beginning With Your Thoughts
- Working With Our Thoughts (more advanced)
This site has tons of tools for learning how to meditate and be compassionate.
- Meditation audio for using your breath as the anchor of your attention during meditation.
- Ebook and two chapters from the book, Minding the Bedside: Nursing from the Heart of the Awakened Mind, on how to meditate.
- Here’s a pitch for my book, Minding the Bedside: Nursing from the Heart of the Awakened Mind. You can even buy it in a Kindle version! Why buy it? Because I really did write it for you. Because it’s a meditation book written just for nurses. And, because it has EVERYTHING that you need to learn how to meditate and to use your practice at the bedside.